Return to Home Page
Wrongful Death Lawyer Hawaii Home Page
Our firm's background
About Hawaii Wrongful Death Lawyer - Hawaii Attorney Wm Lawson
About Wrongful Death Honolulu - Hawaii Lawyer Amy L. Woodward
What is a Wrongful Death? (basic)
Do I Need a wrongful death lawyer in Hawaii?
Finding a wrongful death attorney in Hawaii
Get Legal Help at
Wrongful Death Lawyer Hawaii
Outer Island Claims
Maui, Kauai, Lanai & Big Island Wrongful Death
Preparing a Claim or Case After a Wrongful Death
Insurance Coverages for Wrongful Death
Insurance Coverage for Wrongful Death in Hawaii
More Wrongful Death Info
Fatalities - Hawaii
Catastrophic Injury - Hawaii
American Trial Lawyers Association
Consumer Lawyers Hawaii
Stanford Law School
American Bar Association
Marquis' Who's Who
in the World,
in America and
in American Law
Finding and Choosing a Wrongful Death Lawyer
If someone you love has been killed in an accident
you probably should seek the advice of
an experienced wrongful death lawyer right away!
Following a fatal accident the impact on the family may be dramatic.
Choosing an experienced and successful personal injury lawyer
is an important decision, as it can make the
difference between a successful outcome and an
unsuccessful outcome. This information is provided
to give you some helpful hints on choosing
the wrongful death lawyer that is right for you.
What to avoid when you need to hire a wrongful death lawyer:
Many people do not know where to find a
skilled and qualified attorney who can
aggressively represent their case. The
following are some common mistakes that
people make when choosing their attorney:
- Lawyer referral from a friend: People often have
different legal situations from one another, requiring different
attributes in an attorney, so a friend's lawyer may not be what you need to recover
monetary compensation for your injuries.
- Finding a Wrongful Death Lawyer in the yellow-pages: Yellow pages
are impersonal and do not give you the background information that you
need to hire a competent personal injury lawyer.
- Choosing an injury lawyer because the office is local: Convenience
should not be more significant than skill, professionalism, compassion,
and the ability to effectively represent your case. You should find
an attorney who has all of the qualities that are needed for a successful
outcome in your case.
- Choosing an inexperienced wrongful death lawyer: Your attorney
should be up to date with current laws and cases regarding all areas
of accident law. Your lawyer should have the knowledge to answer
questions quickly and effortlessly.
How to Find and Choose the Right wrongful death lawyer
When you are involved in legal matters arising from
a serious accident, you should hire an experienced
attorney that you feel meets your needs. The personal
injury lawyer that you choose should be a person that
is experienced and that you feel comfortable with.
Remember that you and your personal injury lawyer
will be spending a great deal of time together, so
compatibility is essential. The following are some
characteristics that you should look for when
choosing a Wrongful Death Lawyer:
- Choose a lawyer who has experience in accident law.
- Choose an attorney that has successful case results.
- Choose a lawyer that has positive testimonials from previous clients.
- Choose an attorney who has the time and
resources to represent you on your personal injury claim.
- Choose a lawyer who takes continuing education classes.
- Choose an attorney who provides aggressive representation.
- Choose a lawyer who will meet with you
personally for the initial consultation.
- Choose an attorney with reasonable fees.
- Choose a lawyer that you are
confident will represent your case with the skills necessary, and encompasses all of
the characteristics that you think are important in an injury lawyer.
10 Questions to Ask a Wrongful Death Lawyer BEFORE Choosing
When you are choosing a Wrongful Death Lawyer you may ask
him or her case-related questions that will help you
decide if they are the right attorney for you. He or she should be willing and able to answer your
questions and inform you of any pertinent issues that may help your case.
- Does the attorney practice personal injury law? If so,
what part of their practice does it make up?
- Does the lawyer have experience successfully
representing cases that are similar to my case?
- How long has the attorney been practicing accident law?
- Is the lawyer associated with any reputable law associations?
- Has the attorney successfully settled many
cases on behalf of his or her clients?
- Do former clients have positive statements
to make in regards to the experience with their lawyer?
- Does the lawyer provide a free initial consultation?
- Will the attorney explain the legal process
and all aspects of your case to you?
- Does the lawyer have the time and staff to
adequately represent your legal matter?
- Does the attorney typically represent
plaintiffs (injured parties) or defendants (negligent parties)?
you have suffered serious injuries as the result of an
accident, you will want to find and choose
a competent, experienced, successful personal injury attorney
right away. By careful selection, you will be
able to choose the personal injury attorney who is right for you.
Wrongful Death Lawyer Hawaii now for a free evaluation of your case.
Law Office of
William H. Lawson
1188 Bishop St. Suite 2902
Honolulu, HI 96813
New client hotline:
Main business phone:
Hawaii wrongful death- Current News & Articles
A new case from the Hawaii Supreme Court recognizes personal injury claims for a viable fetus. This new approach seems consistent with a judicial approach to unborn children that life begins at viability. Castro v. Melchor, SCWC-12-0000753 (March 13, 2018).